Every day BuyersTrend helps thousands of shoppers find the best products and make better buying decisions. Our top picks for luggage sets are data-driven by user reviews and popular buying trends from all across the web.
Samsonite Winfield 2 Hard Shell Luggage Set
- Lightweight with Durable Hard Shell
- 360-degree Spinner Wheels & Telescoping Handles
- Smallest Piece Meets Carry-on Size Requirements
- 10 Year Limited Warranty Against Defects
Rockland Fashion Softside 2-Piece Luggage Set
- Best Selling 2-Piece Luggage Set
- Available in Over 30 Colors & Styles
- Durable Inline Skate Wheels for Mobility
- Telescoping Handle, Front Zippers & Fully-Lined Interier
Coolife Expandable 3-Piece Hardside Luggage Set
- Lightweight ABS+PC Material Hard Shell
- TSA Combination Lock on Each Bag
- 28-Inch Bag is Expandable up to 15%
- Full 2-Year Warranty
Coolife 3-Piece Softshell Luggage Set
- Aluminum Telescoping Handles & Spinner Wheels
- 1680D Oxford Cloth Shell Material with PVC Corners
- Carry-on Bag Meets US IATA Cabin Standards
- Worldwide 2-Year Warranty
Shopping for the Best Luggage Set
Let’s get one thing straight… there isn’t just one bag that you can use for every trip or vacation. It just doesn’t exist. Each trip requires a different amount of items for a different season. You may need to carry valuables in a shifty place, or delicate items that break easily. You may need to be able to roll your bags or carry them. Getting the picture? Realistically, often the overhead compartment size is fine, but sometimes you just want to splurge and check a bigger bag to de-stress the packing routine.
The benefits of owning a set of luggage instead of a single piece are varied:
- Complete sets are scale-able. One trip may require a few days of clothing, the other could require many outfits and accessories.
- All pieces to a luggage set match. This allows you to travel in style, and track your luggage easier at the airport.
Luggage Set Features You Should Check
Think of your luggage as a completely utilitarian purchase with just a splash of character. If you go to buy a bag just because it looks nice you most likely will be disappointed when you need it to work in a certain way but didn’t check that out before making that purchase.
- Do you need something with wheels?
- Do you need something with highly specific pockets or a charging dock?
Make sure it fulfills all of your traveling needs first, then pick out the color and texture you want to fit your personality. Buying a set instead of a single piece allows for multiple traveling styles to maximize the utilization success of your purchase.
Soft or Hard Shell Luggage
In a nut shell, hard cases are the best at protecting your packed items if the set is getting tossed around. So, if you commonly pack wine bottles or delicate souvenirs for the trip back home, there’s no question that you are going to rest easier with hard case luggage instead of a soft case. In the world of beat up travel cases, the harder the better.
You need to actually be able to move around with it. Lightweight but strong hard cases are the best. The wheels can take the edge off of a heavy case but there will always be times when you will need to lift it. Think of it in another light, often the price of your air ticket is dependent on the price. Don’t buy something too heavy and get trapped in more expensive plane tickets. The hardest and lightest material is listed in order:
- ABS (thermoplastic)
Chances are you most likely won’t need to use the warranty, but it is a good indicator in the quality of the company and the product. If your luggage set only has a 1-2 year warranty it is probably not going to last too far past that point.
You need something with a 5+ year lifespan. There are even luggage sets on the market with a lifetime warranty. The conclusion here and with all of the other features is that with luggage sets you get what you pay for. Because you will absolutely need it to work and not fail, don’t skimp out on quality to save a few dollars.